|40yr old me and wannabe Mum to JLS !|
- My kids have started saying 'gosh don't the days and weeks just fly by'? If my children are realising how quickly time passes then it means they're getting older and that I'm now REALLY old !
- Whenever possible (even in bed) I wear the most supportive bra money can buy .....otherwise my boobs could easily be mistaken for spaniels ears....or as Mr Poshbird affectionately calls them 'slate hangers nail bags' !
- When reading the Sunday magazine supplement, in all seriousness, I find myself considering buying the elasticated jeans for £19.99. My desire to feel comfortable over being stylish is becoming a much higher priority when choosing clothes these days!
- I now avoid kneeling down at all costs...these days I can't get up without looking like a pissed up, decrepit, crab staggering it's way back from a boozy night in the 'Coach and Seahorses'!
- Seeing my 16yr old daughter wearing the 'exact' same outfits that I did back in 1984. I'm soooo old that the 80's fashions from my youth have actually come back around for the second time !
- Being told by my kids that it's unacceptable to say certain phrases when speaking, like 'awesomes, totes amaze, well jell, reem and whatever ' !
- Saying how 'fit' the JLS boys are, only to be told (again by my kids) how that's 'disgusting and weird and that I could actually be their mother' ! Well I guess they have a fair point :(
- I always talk about 'taping' a programme......but what I really mean is Sky Plus - ing it , which I still fully don't understand if I'm honest. I mean how can you actually pause live TV? It's incredible, it's altering time! it's like something out of Dr Who !
- Not having any of the techno gadgets everyone else seems to have....iphones, ipads, ipods....all I have is my i..ron !
- Going up to bed earlier than my kids, I now frequently go up before my 16yr old and also on the odd occasion even before my 9yr old !
- Obsessively checking my handbag before I leave the house to make sure I have my 'readers, gaviscon and windeeze tablets' ! Sad but very true and I can't believe that I've actually admitted to this one !
- Learning to 'love' my bunion and purchasing only 'sensible' yet funky shoes/boots. Needless to say I live in DM's and Fitflops.
- Whilst camping for the first time last year, Mr Poshbird and I began fantasising about owning a caravan in a few years time and spending all summer touring the UK. WTF ?? It's never sunny here and a caravan would require us to spend long periods of time together, in what's essentially a box on wheels ! Don't old people do this type of thing?!
|Miss C 80's style !|
|OK so this is just weird....Sorry !|
MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR !